An article that Matt Cutts of Google recently posted, asked for BIG IDEAS from people. “Pretend you are CEO of Google for a day,” says Cutts. He wants to know what we would do to improve society, Google or the Internet. Below is my comment. Let me know what you think.
As CEO, I would create a non-profit, unbiased arm that functioned as the new way get political information, nominate candidates and elect them electronically.
Pieces of the puzzle:
– List a set of problems on politics.google.com (not being used currently)
– Party nominees submit solutions (we’ll assume we have nominees for simplicity)
– Solutions are crawled and distributed on a graph based on similarity by degree. (solution X is .8% off from solution Y).
– Radical and/or non-viable solutions are tossed
– Solutions get assessed for economic and political viability
– Topics are weighted for impact and immediacy
– People vote on the solutions during a pre-Primary period
– Nominees with the most highly voted ideas go into a candidate pool.
– Secure, Online Voting commences
– Candidates are elected from 2-3 parties and the process moves forward…
Something along these lines would reduce the waste, corruption and stupidity that occurs in the America electoral process. We deserve a system that doesn’t depend on how much money you can raise and how many special interests you can sleep with. Real, common sense ideas and a political system that actually carries them out would be a BIG IDEA from this Google CEO.